Flooding is the United States’ #1 natural hazard1. We want consumers to know that while homeowner’s insurance won’t cover them against flooding, they can protect their home and property by purchasing a flood insurance policy separately through you, their local insurance agent.
Many people are under the misconception that they are ineligible for flood insurance because of where they live, or their mortgage status. But the truth is, as long as your hometown is an NFIP community, most homeowners, business owners and renters can get flood insurance. We urge consumers to remember the flood insurance basics:
- You CAN get flood insurance nationwide.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live in a floodplain or high-flood-risk area.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live outside a floodplain, or a low-to-moderate flood-risk area – and at lower cost.
- You CAN get flood insurance if your property has been flooded before.
- You CAN get flood insurance from insurance agents in your area.
- You CAN get flood insurance even if your mortgage broker doesn’t require it.
Call us today to find out more information 716-837-3943
1 – Source – Floodsmart.gov